Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The last Monologue

I feel difficult when I first I read this speech but at the same time I am sure about I am going to do this as my final project for my acting class in 2015. Although I have many other choose which was the first war time speech by King George The Six.

I did the speech of Abraham Lincoln during the civil war for my final. Abraham Lincoln proved to be a great man in the US history who save the entire commonwealth as a president. This speech was happened during the civil war when Lincoln start to get used to become a present. And it take place in the middle of war zone, he came to his army and try to let people honor those solider who died in this battlefield. I have to be honest that this speech is difficult for me because the English Lincoln used when he was speech was totally different form what we use now and also different then the Shakespeare time English they used in the play. It seem like a little bit both and that was kind of a totally new language for me. The other hard part that I faced was the emotion and the mod that Abraham Lincoln in during the 1800s. There was not file that recoared what happened in that time and even the speech have more then five versions. It was hard to guess he was sad for those people who was killed by their compatriot in the battle or he have a strong faith that he could take over the country and made people united again.  I did a lot of resurch about Abraham Lincoln during the civil war against the south of the nation, most of they finally found in vain but I watched the movie that about he as a present during the civil war, if I still can not find other useful evidence that proves his emotions I will choose to follow the movie. 

As someone who only wish to understand the acting and the knowledge in drama I feel better understanding those knowledge then before. I also feel I am able to act a bit in life or on the stage. This last project that I do will be the most diffcuilt monologue I ever did in the acting class, I think if I could do this well that should be a prefect ending for my acting class this year. When I first walk in to this class room as acting class I did not know that I could do this or not, because I am really not an art student although I think I am a good stage crew and I could be a good stage manager. But while I was learning about those knowledge about acting and staging, I also feel this class did make my L & P calss easier. Now I feel like I could do better in acing in the really life or on the stage, not only join drama as a stage crew but I also could do this as a actor. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment