Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The God of the water

My favorite character so far is Agwe, he was the character who appear most and called most as a god. Although the people on the island thought that he was a bad god because he would choose to use a storm to destory and kill people on the island, but he still have some good side so for as my understanding. Agwe as a god he should not be the most popular one who every one loves, Hiti as a place on the island not like the religion on the flatland and far away form the sea, those place the god of water may be the sign of lives and they should be kind and gental to their people. Haiti is a place in the middle of water, near then pacific ocean and when the hurricane came that may be the worst disaster they ever had in the life time, and hurricane was came with a rainy weather and shows the truculency side of wind, although they understand that as water. So Agwe became a god that had bad temper and scorn the living things that appear on the land. But as a god he has his own character and in that character he maybe a bad god who do not care about his people and have a bad temper, but as a human, although he is not a human, what he ever done was reasonable.

Even now the book did not tell us the whole story about aslaka and Agwe, they seem like Agwe is pursuing Aslaka, I think he did what he think the best for her and as a man although I not really like those guy but I admit as a over-protect god did made me like him as a god. His character is not prefect but two things that he did made me rethink about his character, one of them are save Ti Mones life when she on that tree, and the reason that I do not think that Aslaka saved her because she did not save the rest of the villagers, so the truth should be either Agwe pardon the favourite girl he have, or Aslaka only saved one life in that storm. Every disaster he made of of course he made a good team with papa gue but he still choose to save lives although he did not know the prusure that lives have. The other reason that I like him because I am not really like the godness of love, Elizue, I think that she was not as good as she looks like, as a god of love she give the right let people love each other or not, no metter the class difference or other things that may block them form each other and finally end the love story in a tragedy. So when Agwe show up and tring to stop Elizue I was a little bit happy although I knew the tragedy is not evitably for the little girl on the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment